– BIM Drafting & Modeling –
build faster & smarter with less errors
What is BIM Modeling
Technology has revolutionized construction. With Building Information Modeling (BIM), we are able to design and model projects in a 3D software platform. These models help us create design plans that are more accurate and integrated through a collaborative process. BIM helps improve the design process, as well as giving building owners a tool that can be used for operation and management of their buildings.
Having these models make it easier for everyone to collaborate and ensure the design works together across all trades.
- checkDesign accuracy and Intelligent Building Components
- checkDesign integration/collaboration
- checkVisualize the final product
AEED utilizes Autodesk Revit as our main BIM software platform. Utilizing BIM provides insights and flexibility into the finished product in a way that is easy for everyone involved to collaborate on. Designs can be visualized and accurate depictions are used for coordination between architecture, structure and MEP systems. BIM allows the engineer to evaluate integrations with building components which improves planning efficiencies and reduces issues that would normally be found after construction has already started.
For existing structures/buildings, we are able to take 3D scans that can then be used to generate a building model. This can greatly reduce time spent in the as-built data gathering process and increases model reliability.
- checkDetermine the financial feasibility of the design
- checkIntegrate easier with existing structures
- checkMake changes and see impact before building
During construction, BIM is used to perform clash detection between trades. A collaborative pre-construction effort can maximize schedule and reduce conflicts. This helps control timelines and budgets during the build.
- checkVisualize the stages of development
- checkCompare original plans with current progress
- checkKeep things on track
Upon completion of construction, BIM information can be used by the owner or building operator to maximize operations by tracking assets, scheduling maintenance, troubleshooting systems and more. Additions and renovations can then build off of the existing model and greatly reduce time involvement for improvements.
- checkCompare against the original
- checkAsset and maintenance tracking
- checkMake future additions easier
Let’s Create Something Great Together…
Drop us a line, give us a call, or come stop in and see us